"I love the people and their passion this sport produces. I love how competitive the races are."
We're all about racing and the friendly competition that comes with it. We've compiled a list of SUP races and events in the Midwest.
Most events are posted on the Midwest SUP Paddle League, and display which races are WPA Sanctioned, MWSUP Points races, and just for fun races but we always try to add more.
We'd be happy to see your event listed here, please send us an e-mail with all the details.
Not all races are santioned and most that have been happening in the past few years are just local shops trying to get groups out on the water for some fun. Nothing serious, just a good time.
Sprint and Splash Race June 15th 2019 SUP Rental. Call To Reserve your board! 586 359-6951
We don't claim to have a formal "team". We're just a bunch of regualr paddlers looking for some competition and a great work out. We've been incredibly fortunate to have a handfull of people willing to race with us and learn what they can from each experience. We share ideas, tips, boards and laughs. Let us know if you'd like to paddle with the GLS crew. We'll hook you up with a Jersey and get you some good discouts and swag when possible. We will also keep you posted on upcoming races, updates on rules and regulations, SUP safety, clinics and more!
GLS is proud of anyone who decides to enter a race. It's challenging and incredibly rewarding so just go for it!
Lexington SUP Challange
Lexington Huron Paddlefest Sat. July 27th 2019!!
Lexington, MI Link to Race Area on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/jxQBWCZCfk12
Friday PM Dropoff: There will be limited room for pre-day drop off on the evening of July 26th from 6pm-8pm @ 5591 Old Orchard Bluff Rd.
Saturday AM Dropoff: Racers can drop their vessels off at the Race Area (see above) starting 7:00am.
There are two ways you can access the race area.
1) Lake Street (https://goo.gl/maps/zAA3tcVom272): You will drive to the end of Lake St. and will see a bluff down to the Start/Finish Line where you will drop your vessel off.
2) DNR Launch (https://goo.gl/maps/juVoUYSxVfA2): You can also drop boards via the DNR launch, if there is parking available. You will need to walk to the Start/Finish line via an open in the fence by the shoreline.
We have obtained permission to have dedicated overflow parking at Meyer Elementary (the parking area is accessible via Boyton St:https://goo.gl/maps/VnZGvz73WQE2). Once your drop your vessel off at the above-mentioned location, park your vehicle at Meyer Elementary and it is only a 5min walk back to the race location.
Last Day for Paddle Guru Signup: Friday, July 26
Last Chance to Register: 6:30am - 8:30am, Race Day, Saturday, July 27th
Pre-Day Vessel Drop off: Friday, July 27, 6pm-8pm
Race Day Drop off: Saturday, July 27, starting at 7:00am
9am - 6 Mile SUP Race
12pm - 2 Mile SUP Race
2pm - Paddle for Parkinsons SUP Relay Race
** Award Ceremony at the Windjammer Restaurant immediately following
Paddle for Parkinsons Relay Race
This is a great relay race for EVERYONE! Help GLS support the National Parkinsons Foundation in bringing awareness and funds to help beat Parkinsons, which has hit us so close to home.
Asking for donations to participate in the Rely or just to donate to a great cause!
6 Mile Race: $30
2 Mile Race $20
Paddle for Parlkinsons Relay Race: $Donation
• All participants must have a PFD to race; NO EXCEPTIONS! Leashes are optional but highly recommended. Race Course:
• The race course will be announced on the day of the race, accommodating the race conditions that good ol’ Lake Huron presents.
• The Windjammer Restaurant (https://goo.gl/maps/jdJua9orzFD2) will be hosting our Award Ceremony and After party starting at 3:00pm. The Windjammer is located at the foot of Lexington Harbor, walking distance from the beach. Check out the Facebook page: https://
Where to Stay:
Camp a few miles from the race at:
or check out hotels in Port Huron.